Locals Head to National Right to Life March in D.C.
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — Four buses full of people from the metro left for Washington, D.C. Wednesday to head to the 40th annual “Right to Life” march.
The march takes place on Jan. 25 and includes dinners, rallies, and a 5K race.
Bill Francis with the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City said this year is extremely important because of the 40th anniversary of the Roe vs Wade decision.
“We are going because we are hoping we can have an impact on the decision that will ultimately make abortion illegal in this country,” Francis said.
More than 600,000 people are expected at the weekend-long event.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss