Police: Man Tried to Force Fiancee to Swallow Engagement Ring
ORLANDO, Fla. — A 29-year-old Florida man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of trying to force his fiancee to swallow her diamond engagement ring because she wanted to move out.
Faron Thompson was arrested on charges of battery via strangulation and child neglect, WKMG-TV reported.
Thompson’s girlfriend said the two got into an argument about her moving out of their home and left the ring on the kitchen counter, deputies said.
When she went to get it, she realized Thompson had the ring — and tried to force it down her throat while holding her down, the sheriff’s office said.
He also threatened to burn the home down, she told deputies.
Thompson also allegedly pushed his fiancee against a wall while holding a one-year-old, covering her mouth and preventing her from breathing, deputies said.
Thompson was later arrested and told ClickOrlando.com “women always claim assault, but never accept responsibility for provoking someone.”
At last check, he was in the Orange County, Fla., jail.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Homeless man surprised with 'winning' lottery ticket, insists on sharing
- East side of town square on fire in Gallatin, Mo
- Judge denies daughter's request for immediate financial assistance from her parents
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor