VIDEO: Young Child Miraculously Survives Horrific Crash
MOSCOW — A baby girl is lucky to be alive after she was thrown from her parent’s vehicle onto a Russian highway and nearly hit by an on-coming truck in a wreck caught on video.
According to NEWSRU.com, a car driven by a 53-year-old man on a icy Russian highway last weekend lost control while passing another vehicle and was struck by an oncoming truck, shattering the back end of the vehicle and sending the child flying face-down onto the pavement – and directly into the path of another oncoming truck, which managed to stop just in time before hitting the child.
Russian police say that the child was sitting in the back of the vehicle and was not in a child safety seat at the time of the wreck. She reportedly suffered some injuries to her head and face in the accident.
The child’s father – who works as a bus driver – was cited by police for placing his daughter “like a doll on the back shelf of the car” instead of using a car seat.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss