Herb Rubbed Roasted Pork Loin
The Jacobson Recipe: Herb Rubbed Roasted Pork Loin
5 lb. pork loin
2 cups of herb rub
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2 cups of rub
1/2 cup chopped rosemary
1/2 cup chopped thyme
1.5 cup orange zest – 3 oranges
1/4 cup toasted and ground fennel seeds
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 cup chopped sage
1 cup olive oil
Lay boneless pork loin on cutting board
Beginning at one end of the roast, about an inch from the cutting board, cut a horizontal incision about one inch deep.
As you cut from one end of the loin to the other, pull back the meat.
Once you’ve cut the entire length of the loin, return to the top and cut deeper into the loin until the loin lies flat.
Season both sides of the loin with salt and pepper. Rub 1 cup of herb mixture on the inside of the pork loin.
Roll the loin and tie to hold its shape. Rub remaining cup on the outside of the pork loin.
Place pork in a roasting pan with a little oil to prevent sticking.
Once oven is to temp, place pork in oven and roast for 2 minutes to get a seared on the pork.
After 2 minutes, turn oven down to 325 degrees and cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is at an internal temp of 152 degrees.
Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering