Man Calls 911 After Being ‘Stood Up’
MONTREAL — Chances are, you’ve been stood up at some point in your life. But one Canadian thought it was completely unacceptable, so he called 911.
The man said he was supposed to meet a woman in person after they had chatted online. He took a bus trip from Montreal to north of Toronto. When he arrived at the bus station, she was nowhere to be found.
He became so angry he called 911 and urged police to “track down” his missing date to find out why she stood him up.
When told that his “emergency” was anything but, the man got angrier, Sun News reported.
The dispatcher told him to find a place to stay for the night and to “cool off.”
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss