Police Arrest Man Over Liberty Bell Threat
(CNN) — Police arrested a man Saturday for threatening to blow up Philadelphia’s iconic Liberty Bell, according to police spokeswoman Christine O’Brien.
The unidentified man apparently left two black backpacks in front of the Liberty Wheels wheelchair and scooter rental shop in downtown Philadelphia.
Police said a bomb squad was called in and secured the scene but found that the bags did not contain explosives.
“I have no idea why” the man did this, O’Brien said.
The bell is considered an iconic monument to American independence.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop