KCPD: Car Prowlers Leads to Police Shooting
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two car prowlers checking out cars in a parking garage near 8th Street and Grand Avenue in downtown Kansas City, Mo., early Sunday led an officer to shoot one of the suspects.
It happened just after 1 a.m. when police say they saw two men were looking at cars in the garage. When officers approached the men, one of the suspects pointed a gun at an officer, police said.
That officer fired his gun at the man.
The man who was shot, who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to police.
The other man was arrested by police.
The officer was not hurt in the incident.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop