KCPD: Car Prowlers Leads to Police Shooting
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two car prowlers checking out cars in a parking garage near 8th Street and Grand Avenue in downtown Kansas City, Mo., early Sunday led an officer to shoot one of the suspects.
It happened just after 1 a.m. when police say they saw two men were looking at cars in the garage. When officers approached the men, one of the suspects pointed a gun at an officer, police said.
That officer fired his gun at the man.
The man who was shot, who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to police.
The other man was arrested by police.
The officer was not hurt in the incident.
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings