Restaurant Week Hailed a ‘Success’
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City’s Restaurant Week is being hailed a success, at least by one of the restaurants who participated.
A manager at Fogo de Chão on the Plaza said their dining room has been packed every night — an increase of 26 percent over last year.
He said, in fact, the restaurant has been booked since mid-week for this weekend.
On Saturday, the restaurant stayed open until 1 a.m. to squeeze in the nearly 1,000 reservations.
“The great exposure to all the people who have never been here before, the fact that 10 percent of the proceeds go to Harvesters — it feels good to be helping the community as well,” said Vanderlei Melchior of Fogo de Chão.
Restaurant Week ends Sunday.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370