KC Police Investigate Deadly Shooting on East Side
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are investigating after a deadly shooting at a barber shop on the city’s East Side on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the victim’s family, 40-year-old Darrell Williams of Kansas City was found dead of an apparent gunshot wound by a family member at the barber shop in the 3100 block of Troost around 2:30 p.m. Police are investigating the death as a homicide.
The victim’s family told FOX 4 News that the father of three had owned the barbershop for eight years.
The shooting happened just a few blocks north on Troost from the scene of another barber shop homicide in 2011. Barber Joe Jackson was shot and killed during a robbery at his shop at 34th and Troost in November of 2011. Georgio White was charged and pleaded guilty to that shooting, and is currently serving up to 20 years in prison.
Police have not identified any suspects in Tuesday’s shooting. Anyone with information in the case is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss