Metro Opera Singer Competing for $25,000 Prize
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A local opera singer is hoping for enough votes to make it to the Romano’s Macaroni Grill Opera Sing-Off Finals in Dallas, Texas next month.
Julia Scozzafava puts her beautiful voice to work at the Lyric Opera and is a member of the Kansas City Choral. Her day job is as a Manager of Macaroni Grill, the restaurant that is hosting the event and giving one of their opera singing employees a chance to win the grand prize of $25,000 dollars.
Scozzafava says winning the contest could change her life.
“I think that would give our family a lot of freedom, just for me to contuinue to pursue my career,” said Scozzafava. “To continue just to take lessons and travel a little bit more and to have some financial freedom.”
Currently, she sits in second place for the Central Region and is the only singer competiting from Missouri. Two singers from each of three regions will advance to the Finals after voting ends on Sunday February 3rd.
To vote for this local singer you can go to www.bit.ly\macgrillopera
and put in Scozzafava’s singer code JS624
You can vote once per day.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet