KCPD: ‘Stop the Violence’ as 2 More Fatally Shot
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police have confirmed two people are dead after a double shooting near 81st Street and Hickman Mills Road in Kansas City, Mo.
According to authorities, a 911 caller reported a shooting around 12:30 p.m. at a recording studio. When officers arrived, they found two victims – identified only as two males – dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
Wednesday’s shooting marks the 5th and 6th homicides, respectively, in the past two days. Five of the victims were related to shootings, another was from head trauma.
“Detectives are out canvassing trying to figure out if anyone saw or heard anything,” said KCPD Sgt. Marissa Barnes. “We’re asking if anyone has any info to call the TIPS hotline.”
Police released the names of three of the victims from Monday’s violence. A shooting Tuesday left a business owner dead in his barber shop on Troost Avenue.
Kansas City, Mo., police tweeted Wednesday afternoon “STOP THE VIOLENCE, KC!”
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss