KCPD: ‘Stop the Violence’ as 2 More Fatally Shot
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police have confirmed two people are dead after a double shooting near 81st Street and Hickman Mills Road in Kansas City, Mo.
According to authorities, a 911 caller reported a shooting around 12:30 p.m. at a recording studio. When officers arrived, they found two victims – identified only as two males – dead from apparent gunshot wounds.
Wednesday’s shooting marks the 5th and 6th homicides, respectively, in the past two days. Five of the victims were related to shootings, another was from head trauma.
“Detectives are out canvassing trying to figure out if anyone saw or heard anything,” said KCPD Sgt. Marissa Barnes. “We’re asking if anyone has any info to call the TIPS hotline.”
Police released the names of three of the victims from Monday’s violence. A shooting Tuesday left a business owner dead in his barber shop on Troost Avenue.
Kansas City, Mo., police tweeted Wednesday afternoon “STOP THE VIOLENCE, KC!”
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days