Student Found with Gun at Park Hill High School
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Officials with the Park Hill School District say that a student at Park Hill High School was found with a gun at school on Wednesday.
Brad Kincheloe, Park Hill High School Principal, told FOX 4 the student was in possession of a 22 caliber handgun with a clip.
School officials say that they received a report from another student that the unidentified student had brought a gun to school on Wednesday.
Investigators say they don’t believe, after interviewing the student, that the student intended to fire the gun inside the school.
“Currently, there is no threat to the school,” said Erik Holland with the Platte County Sheriff’s Office. “Parents should not hesitate to send their kids back to school in the morning,” Holland said.
School officials say other students were preparing to get onto buses and leave the school when they acted on the tip and brought the student to the office.
There is no word on any charges in the incident.
Last week at Park Hill South High School, the school received an anonymous call warning of a “danger in the school”. In response, the school was put on lockdown for about two hours, but nothing was found.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair