Dog Owner Wanted ‘Gay Dog’ Euthanized
JACKSON, Tenn. — A dog whose owner suspected he was gay and turned him into a shelter to be euthanized because of it, has been adopted by another family.
According to the Huffington Post, the Jackson Rabies Control Animal Shelter accepted the male pit bull/American bulldog mix from the owner on January 29.
The shelter said the owner saw the dog ‘humping’ another male dog and believed he was gay, so he didn’t want him anymore.
The Jackson Rabies Control Animal Shelter is considered a ‘high kill’ shelter.
A Facebook campaign was launched to try and save the ‘gay’ dog. The person telling the story on the facebook page said:
“Even if that weren’t the most assinine thing I’ve ever heard, it’s still discrimination! Don’t let this gorgeous dog die bc his owner is ignorant of normal dog behavior!…. He WILL be put down tomorrow bc there is no room at the inn!”
The happy ending to the story is that the campaign worked. A woman named Stephanie who worked at another shelter reportedly adopted him and named him Elton.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor