Dog Owner Wanted ‘Gay Dog’ Euthanized
JACKSON, Tenn. — A dog whose owner suspected he was gay and turned him into a shelter to be euthanized because of it, has been adopted by another family.
According to the Huffington Post, the Jackson Rabies Control Animal Shelter accepted the male pit bull/American bulldog mix from the owner on January 29.
The shelter said the owner saw the dog ‘humping’ another male dog and believed he was gay, so he didn’t want him anymore.
The Jackson Rabies Control Animal Shelter is considered a ‘high kill’ shelter.
A Facebook campaign was launched to try and save the ‘gay’ dog. The person telling the story on the facebook page said:
“Even if that weren’t the most assinine thing I’ve ever heard, it’s still discrimination! Don’t let this gorgeous dog die bc his owner is ignorant of normal dog behavior!…. He WILL be put down tomorrow bc there is no room at the inn!”
The happy ending to the story is that the campaign worked. A woman named Stephanie who worked at another shelter reportedly adopted him and named him Elton.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'