Heart Condition Can Strike Pregnant Women and New Moms
GRAIN VALLEY, Mo. — Friday is “National Wear Red Day” as American Heart Month gets underway. A young mother from Grain Valley wants others to know about a life-threatening heart problem that can occur in pregnancy or after giving birth. A form of heart failure called peripartum cardiomyopathy struck Christina Dunn just after giving birth to her daughter, Aubrey.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean has more on the condition and the warning signs. For more, visit myheartsisters.com.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370