Heart Condition Can Strike Pregnant Women and New Moms
GRAIN VALLEY, Mo. — Friday is “National Wear Red Day” as American Heart Month gets underway. A young mother from Grain Valley wants others to know about a life-threatening heart problem that can occur in pregnancy or after giving birth. A form of heart failure called peripartum cardiomyopathy struck Christina Dunn just after giving birth to her daughter, Aubrey.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean has more on the condition and the warning signs. For more, visit myheartsisters.com.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet