Heart Condition Can Strike Pregnant Women and New Moms
GRAIN VALLEY, Mo. — Friday is “National Wear Red Day” as American Heart Month gets underway. A young mother from Grain Valley wants others to know about a life-threatening heart problem that can occur in pregnancy or after giving birth. A form of heart failure called peripartum cardiomyopathy struck Christina Dunn just after giving birth to her daughter, Aubrey.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean has more on the condition and the warning signs. For more, visit myheartsisters.com.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering