Man Charged with Exposing Himself to One-Year-Old Child
BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. — A 46-year-old man is in the Jackson County jail, charged with one count of sexual misconduct after police say he exposed himself to a one-year-old child.
According to court documents, Jeffrey Treta, 46, was caught by his wife, who set up a hidden surveillance camera in the bedroom they share because she suspected someone was stealing from her.
Instead of catching a thief, police say the wife discovered Treta had laid down next to the one-year-old child and began touching himself.
Police say it happened on Tuesday, when Treta was at home with the one-year-old victim and another child.
When police questioned him, they say Treta admitted that the child had seen him exposed, but police say he told them he moved the child’s hand away when the child tried to touch him.
The documents say Treta told police he loved and cared for the child.
According to Missouri Secretary of State Records, Treta runs Mid-America Mobile Sonography out of his home.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Woman charged after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370