Man Convicted of Murder in 2010 Homicide of Christopher Dotson
Dotson’s mother, Latrice Dotson, found him dead inside his Shawnee apartment. He was expected to graduate in December 2010 from the University of Kansas City Missouri with a business degree.
After Thomas’ arrest, Latrice said she forgave him for killing her son.
“My son’s soul and spirit is free and that’s how I want to be,” Latrice said in 2010. “I want to be free. I don’t want to hold in hatred and be mad and angry. I have peace, and I’m happy. I have peace.”
Latrice said her son lived a full life, working at Children’s Mercy Hospital and T-Mobile. She said she hopes people will remember him for his positive thinking and sense of humor, but most of all how he lived his life to the fullest.
Thomas will be sentenced on April 1, 2013.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370