Man Convicted of Murder in 2010 Homicide of Christopher Dotson
Dotson’s mother, Latrice Dotson, found him dead inside his Shawnee apartment. He was expected to graduate in December 2010 from the University of Kansas City Missouri with a business degree.
After Thomas’ arrest, Latrice said she forgave him for killing her son.
“My son’s soul and spirit is free and that’s how I want to be,” Latrice said in 2010. “I want to be free. I don’t want to hold in hatred and be mad and angry. I have peace, and I’m happy. I have peace.”
Latrice said her son lived a full life, working at Children’s Mercy Hospital and T-Mobile. She said she hopes people will remember him for his positive thinking and sense of humor, but most of all how he lived his life to the fullest.
Thomas will be sentenced on April 1, 2013.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor