Three arrested, charged in double homicide
(L Featured Photo) Derrell Spellmeyer (Top R) Mandy Mitchell (Bottom R) Garland Mitchell
VERSAILLES, Mo. — Prosecutors charged three people with the murder of a couple in Versailles, Mo., on Monday.
Mandy Mitchell, Garland Mitchell and Derrell Spellmeyer were charged Tuesday with two counts of 2nd degree murder and two counts of armed criminal action for the murders of Freddy and Carol Wilson.
Police say Carol Wilson, 53, called 911 at about 11:05 a.m. to report she’d been shot. When police arrived at their home a few minutes later, they found Freddy and Carol Wilson shot.
Authorities say the suspects were inside the white van, and say they drove up from Eldon, Mo., about 18 miles to the southeast, to commit the crime. The driver of the sheriff’s vehicle swerved to avoid colliding with the van, although the van swiped the sideview mirror of the sheriff’s car, knocking it off.
The van eventually crashed into a ditch and the suspects were arrested.
This is the second double homicide in Morgan County in the past two months.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people