Missing 92-year-old Paola man found dead
PAOLA, Kan. — Paola police said 92-year-old Earl “Andy” Anderson was found dead Tuesday in a wooded area about 400 yards from the nursing home where he lived.
Anderson was last seen Monday around 7 p.m. after having received medication at the nursing home. Around 7:30 p.m., the nursing home staff discovered he was missing.
Approximately 200 people, including search dogs and a plane equipped with thermal sensors, scoured the area in hopes of finding Anderson.
His body was recovered Tuesday morning in a wooded area near a set of train tracks.
Authorities believe he was walking toward his former home where his wife still lived. Anderson, who suffered from dementia, had only been at the nursing home for nine weeks.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'