Monopoly Unveils New Game Token After Fan Vote
No more pressed shirts for Monopoly players! After putting the iconic game tokens up to a fan vote in January, toy-maker Hasbro announced on Wednesday that the iron would be removed from the game. Fans also voted on a new token to replace it: the cat.
Game players flocked to the Monopoly Facebook page to cast their vote every day to save the dog, iron, race car, battleship, shoe, thimble, top hat or wheelbarrow. The cat token beat out a diamond ring, a robot, a helicopter or a guitar as the replacement piece.
The game is expected to release versions of the game with the new line-up later in 2013.
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Reps. from KKK, Aryan Nation denounce Jewish center shootings
- Frazier Cross, accused of killing 3 at Jewish centers, enters courtroom in wheelchair