Monopoly Unveils New Game Token After Fan Vote
No more pressed shirts for Monopoly players! After putting the iconic game tokens up to a fan vote in January, toy-maker Hasbro announced on Wednesday that the iron would be removed from the game. Fans also voted on a new token to replace it: the cat.
Game players flocked to the Monopoly Facebook page to cast their vote every day to save the dog, iron, race car, battleship, shoe, thimble, top hat or wheelbarrow. The cat token beat out a diamond ring, a robot, a helicopter or a guitar as the replacement piece.
The game is expected to release versions of the game with the new line-up later in 2013.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter