Driver caught after school bus crash near Swope Park
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A school bus was involved in an accident Thursday afternoon.
There were five children onboard at the time of the crash and two adults. No one was hurt, according to the Kansas City Public Schools.
The students were from Success Academy at Knox Elementary, the school district said.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. in the area of East 67th Street and Askew Avenue near Swope Park.
Police say the bus was hit by a car — and that car’s driver took off after the accident. The driver was caught by police around 8 p.m. — about four hours after the crash.
Officials haven’t released no other details about the crash, including what charges the driver may face.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter