Knob Noster man charged with murdering his wife
Knob Noster, Mo. — What appeared to be a loving relationship between a young married couple somehow soured Saturday morning, leaving a 24-year-old woman lifeless and laying on her kitchen floor.
Danielle Lane-Garcia’s mother says a knock at her door at 1 o’clock Saturday morning changed their lives forever.
Tina Savage says her son-in-law who lives across the street from her in Knob Noster was screaming saying her daughter shot herself.
Believing it was a superficial wound perhaps on her daughter’s leg, Savage says she didn’t panic until she realized her daughter had been fatally shot in the head.
While Savage didn’t believe her daughter took her own life, investigators didn’t either so they took Danielle’s husband 23-year-old Anthony Garcia into custody.
Savage says her son in law is a great man, a good father and husband who was a loving member of their family.
She told Fox 4 News she doesn’t know what led to her daughter’s death, but she hopes to get some answers soon.
For now, Savage said her primary concern is her eight-month-old granddaughter who will never know her mother.
Garcia was charged with second degree murder and armed criminal action. He’s being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Where is Malaysia Airlines Flight 370? Traces of oil seen in area of last contact