Man arrested for $6,500 copper theft in Shawnee
SHAWNEE, Kan. — Police have arrested a man in connection with copper found stolen from light poles in a Kansas neighborhood.
Shawnee, Kan., police say the copper was stolen in the 20300 block of W. 80th St., near Woodland Drive and 83rd Street around 4 p.m. Sunday.
Believing the person wanted for stealing the copper would come back, police kept an eye on the area. Just before 8 p.m., police say they saw a man tampering with a light pole. He stopped and question by police and was later arrested in connection with the copper thefts.
Police estimate $6,500 worth of damage between the stolen copper and power poles.
The man’s name has not been released.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'