Autopsy: Renegade ex-cop Dorner died from gunshot wound
(CNN) — Autopsy results on Christopher Dorner, the renegade former Los Angeles cop who authorities said killed four people and wounded three others, show he died from a single gunshot wound.
Cpt. Kevin Lacy, the San Bernardino County, California, coroner, reported the results and said that authorities have not yet ruled on Dorner’s manner of death.
However, information collected so far seems to suggest he took his own life.
“While we’re still compiling the information and putting our reports together, the information that we have right now seems to indicate that the wound that took Christopher Dorner’s life was self-inflicted,” Lacy said.
The announcement came three days after a shootout, standoff and fire at a cabin in the mountains east of Los Angeles. Dorner’s remains were identified during the autopsy through dental records.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit