Autopsy: Renegade ex-cop Dorner died from gunshot wound
(CNN) — Autopsy results on Christopher Dorner, the renegade former Los Angeles cop who authorities said killed four people and wounded three others, show he died from a single gunshot wound.
Cpt. Kevin Lacy, the San Bernardino County, California, coroner, reported the results and said that authorities have not yet ruled on Dorner’s manner of death.
However, information collected so far seems to suggest he took his own life.
“While we’re still compiling the information and putting our reports together, the information that we have right now seems to indicate that the wound that took Christopher Dorner’s life was self-inflicted,” Lacy said.
The announcement came three days after a shootout, standoff and fire at a cabin in the mountains east of Los Angeles. Dorner’s remains were identified during the autopsy through dental records.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet