Dumpster-diving woman nearly crushed in garbage truck
WICHITA, Kan. — A woman nearly nearly lost her life searching for scrap metal inside a dumpster Thursday morning in Wichita.
According to The Wichita Eagle, the woman was inside the dumpster in the 4100 block of E. Harry Street when a garbage truck came and emptied the dumpster.
The woman’s sister was in a nearby car and jumped out and yelled for the driver to stop. The woman inside the dumpster could be heard screaming for help. The driver later told reporters he was seconds away from hitting the button that would have compacted the trash, crushing the woman.
Firefighters dug the woman out of the truck. She was transported to an area hospital where her injuries were determined to be minor.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering