KCMO Man charged in 2008 murder case
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County prosecutors have charged R.C. Moore, 20, of Kansas City in the November 2008 slaying of Michael Gant.
Gant, 19, was shot outside the public library near 31st and Prosepct Avenue by a passenger in a passing vehicle.
Moore faces charges of second degree murder and armed criminal action. He was a juvenile at the time of the murder, but will stand trial as an adult.
According to court records, witnesses said Moore was a passenger in a White Pontiac Grand Am that was seen passing by the library when Gant was shot on the evening of Nov. 13, 2008.
Witnesses told police Moore directed the driver of the Grand Am to turn around after he saw someone he recognized. Then Moore allegedly fired out the back of the vehicle as they passed that person.
Gant’s body was found by police in the back of a nearby residence.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too