KCMO Man charged in 2008 murder case
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Jackson County prosecutors have charged R.C. Moore, 20, of Kansas City in the November 2008 slaying of Michael Gant.
Gant, 19, was shot outside the public library near 31st and Prosepct Avenue by a passenger in a passing vehicle.
Moore faces charges of second degree murder and armed criminal action. He was a juvenile at the time of the murder, but will stand trial as an adult.
According to court records, witnesses said Moore was a passenger in a White Pontiac Grand Am that was seen passing by the library when Gant was shot on the evening of Nov. 13, 2008.
Witnesses told police Moore directed the driver of the Grand Am to turn around after he saw someone he recognized. Then Moore allegedly fired out the back of the vehicle as they passed that person.
Gant’s body was found by police in the back of a nearby residence.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Where is Malaysia Airlines Flight 370? Traces of oil seen in area of last contact