Rising gas prices put people in a pinch
ROELAND PARK, Kan. — It’s happened again. Gas prices have gone up, and it’s proving to be difficult for those already on a thinly-stretched budget. In Roeland Park, Kan., gas is $3.77 a gallon. AAA says gas prices have risen every day for the past 32 days straight.
- Metro average: $3.67
- Last week: $3.47
- Last month: $3.04
Prices are rising because of maintenance issues at refineries and increasing oil prices.
The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline hit $3.73 over the weekend.
Analysts say that, on Sunday, gas prices increased for the 32nd consecutive day.
In the last month, the average price of a gallon of gasoline has increased nearly 13 percent, according to AAA.
AAA says that drivers in Southern California are paying an average of $4.29 per gallon in Los Angeles.
A gallon of regular gasoline costs $4.28 in Orange County, and in the Inland Empire, it’s $4.25.
Prices are expected to rise even further in March and April.
“It’s way too much,” said one motorist filling up his tank at a Miracle Mile gas station charging $5.09 for a gallon of regular gas. “It’s unbelievable.”
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet