Rising gas prices put people in a pinch
ROELAND PARK, Kan. — It’s happened again. Gas prices have gone up, and it’s proving to be difficult for those already on a thinly-stretched budget. In Roeland Park, Kan., gas is $3.77 a gallon. AAA says gas prices have risen every day for the past 32 days straight.
- Metro average: $3.67
- Last week: $3.47
- Last month: $3.04
Prices are rising because of maintenance issues at refineries and increasing oil prices.
The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline hit $3.73 over the weekend.
Analysts say that, on Sunday, gas prices increased for the 32nd consecutive day.
In the last month, the average price of a gallon of gasoline has increased nearly 13 percent, according to AAA.
AAA says that drivers in Southern California are paying an average of $4.29 per gallon in Los Angeles.
A gallon of regular gasoline costs $4.28 in Orange County, and in the Inland Empire, it’s $4.25.
Prices are expected to rise even further in March and April.
“It’s way too much,” said one motorist filling up his tank at a Miracle Mile gas station charging $5.09 for a gallon of regular gas. “It’s unbelievable.”
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop