Chicago man sentenced in OP bank robbery
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A 23-year-old from Chicago has been sentenced to 30 months in federal prison in connection to a bank robbery last year in Overland Park, Kan., the U.S. Attorney’s office said Tuesday.
Xzavier Stewart, of Chicago, plead guilty to one count of bank robbery.
According to his plea, Stewart admitted he robbed the Bank of the West, 4900 Antioch, on Aug. 20, 2012. Stewart said he told a teller to give him money and “you only have 30 seconds.”
After the robbery, police said Stewart didn’t stop when officers tried to pull him over. He was eventually stopped on the off ramp of northbound Highway 69 at 87th Street, the U.S. Attorney’s office said.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss