Fig Tree Cafe and Bakery’s Fudgie Brownie Recipe
The Fig Tree Cafe and Bakery in Lee’s Summit is competing in the Sugar Rush, fighting for the title of the ‘best bakery’ (by the Pitch). Fig Tree Cafe and Bakery make everything from scratch using local ingredients.
Fudgie Brownie Recipe
1 cup butter
3oz unsweetened chocolate
7oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 whole eggs + 3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups ultragrain or AP flour
Melt butter in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. While butter is hot, add both chocolates and stir til smooth. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt, then add eggs and egg yolks and stir, then add flour and stir until completely incorporated. Bake in 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, turning the pan halfway through.
We use this recipe as the base for several different variations of our brownies: Peanut Butter, Nutella, Smores, and various seasonal goodies. I will bring a few different flavors to help fill up the table.
You can sign up for the sugar rush event by calling 816.561.6061.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet