Grandview dad charged with DUI after high speed chase with son in car
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Byron Williams, 23, was charged in the City of Grandview for driving while under the influence and other traffic charges after a high speed chase exceeding 100 mph down 71 Highway early Sunday morning.
The chase began around 4:30 a.m. after a Grandview officer observed a red 2003 Dodge Stratus speeding on an access road south of Blue Ridge. Police say they chased the Dodge Stratus, but then backed off the pursuit.
Grandview Police found Williams’ abandoned vehicle still moving down the access road stopping when it rolled into a guard rail. Williams was located hiding in waist deep water in a nearby creek. Officers found Williams’ two-year old son still in the car and not in a child restraint seat.
While Williams has bonded out of jail on those city charges, the Grandview Police Department has continued an investigation of child endangerment for possible charges in state court.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people