Police treat body found near bridge as homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are investigating a body found near 29th and Oakley in Kansas City, Mo. Police said a passerby discovered the body on the ground near a pedestrian bridge around 7:45 a.m. and called authorities.
Police are not sure how the person died, so they’re treating the manner of death as a homicide.
“We’re not really sure if it is a homicide yet, but we will treat it as one until we prove it otherwise,” said Kansas City, Mo., Police Captain Steve Young.
Police have not released the person’s name, but believe he may be in his 20s.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store