Police treat body found near bridge as homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police are investigating a body found near 29th and Oakley in Kansas City, Mo. Police said a passerby discovered the body on the ground near a pedestrian bridge around 7:45 a.m. and called authorities.
Police are not sure how the person died, so they’re treating the manner of death as a homicide.
“We’re not really sure if it is a homicide yet, but we will treat it as one until we prove it otherwise,” said Kansas City, Mo., Police Captain Steve Young.
Police have not released the person’s name, but believe he may be in his 20s.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss