Police: Man assaulted, shot during home invasion
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Police would like your help in connection with a home invasion that left one man shot.
The incident happened around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 8800 blck of E. Wilson Rd. in Independence, Mo., police said.
Witnesses said three to four men chased a man into his home, assaulted him and shot him. The bullet grazed the man in the back of his head, police said.
The victim, who has not been identified, was taken to the hospital and has already been released.
Money and other items were stolen during the attack, according to police.
If you have information about the incident, call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College