Strategic shopping: When to buy store brands
KC Strategic Shopper Maureen Welsh is shares tips for when to buy ‘store brands’ vs. ‘national brands.’
According to Welsh, so many people, especially now, gravitate to buying store brands because they are cheaper. But that isn’t always the case. Although store brands are on average about 25-29 percent less expensive than national brands, there are many examples where the store brands are actually more expensive than national brands or are not as good quality (thereby costing you more money in the long run).
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter