Strategic shopping: When to buy store brands
KC Strategic Shopper Maureen Welsh is shares tips for when to buy ‘store brands’ vs. ‘national brands.’
According to Welsh, so many people, especially now, gravitate to buying store brands because they are cheaper. But that isn’t always the case. Although store brands are on average about 25-29 percent less expensive than national brands, there are many examples where the store brands are actually more expensive than national brands or are not as good quality (thereby costing you more money in the long run).
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss