Kansas goes double overtime to beat Oklahoma State
STILLWATER, Okla. — Sometimes a game is decided early, sometimes, it takes 50 minutes. That was the case Wednesday night as the Kansas Jayhawks (22-4, 10-3) went to Stillwater, and in front of a sellout crowd of 13,211, won in double-overtime over the Oklahoma State Cowboys (19-6, 9-4) by a final score of 68-67.
The game went to the first overtime tied at 57, and Kansas scored nine of it’s final eleven points at the free throw line.
Sophomore guard Naadir Tharpe’s 10 foot floater with 16 seconds left in the second overtime put Kansas up for good.
Seniors Travis Releford and Jeff Withey led Kansas with 18 and 17 points respectively. Freshman Ben McLemore scored on 7 points on 3 of 12 shooting.
Oklahoma State freshman guard Marcus Smart scored 16 points, hitting 11 free throws.
Smart, along with Kansas guard Elijah Johnson fouled out.
Kansas is now tied with cross state rival Kansas State for first place in the conference standings.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom