Missouri Tigers avenge Gators in 63-60 win
COLUMBIA, Mo. — After losing to the Florida Gators by 31 points in a January game in Gainesville, the Missouri Tigers gained a huge measure of revenge on Tuesday night with a 63-60 come from behind win over the 5th ranked Florida team.
Laurence Bowers led Mizzou (19-7, 8-5) with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Florida (21-4, 11-2) was led in scoring by Mike Rosario who had 14 points. Missouri trailed by as many as 13 points in the second half before winning the contest by finishing with a 10-3 run. Missouri also had 19 turnovers, but also out-rebounded the Gators 35-26.
After the game, Missouri Head Coach Frank Haith confirmed that he had received his notice of allegations from the NCAA. Haith has been connected to the NCAA investigation into the Miami football program, where he was head coach before he took the job at Mizzou after the 2011 season.
“Contrary to what was reported, there was no unethical conduct in my notice,” Haith said. “And it is just an allegation, so we get a chance to defend ourselves.”
Next up for Missouri is a trip to Lexington, Kentucky on saturday, where the Tigers take on the defending national champion Kentucky Wildcats.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'