Mourners gather to remember woman killed in Kansas City restaurant explosion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — People gathered at the J.C. Nichols Fountain on the County Club Plaza for a prayer vigil Wednesday afternoon to remember the one woman killed and to offer support to others affected by the explosion.
Although police have not released the woman’s name, many in attendance believe they know her, having once worked with her at The Melting Pot.
On Wednesday, Kansas City Fire Chief Paul Berardi confirmed recovery crews removed the remains of a person found in the bar area of JJ’s Restaurant. Fifteen others were injured, some critically.
Chief Berardi and Kansas City Mayor Sly James said they will provide news updates every 4 hours. The next news conference is scheduled at 4:45 p.m. Watch live via fox4kc.com’s livestream. Click here to watch on your mobile device.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Woman charged after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370