Royals manager Ned Yost has gall bladder surgery
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Talk about out patient surgery, Royals Manager Ned Yost is as good at it as one can get.
Yost had gall bladder surgery at 5 p.m. on Tuesday and was back in the Royals clubhouse and managing the team bright and early Wednesday morning.
“I really don’t feel to bad, honestly. It hurts a little bit to breath, but besides that I feel pretty good,” he said.
When asked if he could see a player coming back to work less than 24 hours after surgery, Yost said, “That’s a player man, I sit on my rear end all day and watch. They wouldn’t be able to do much for two weeks probably.”
The Royals continue their second week for spring training in Surprise, Ariz., on Wednesday. They take on the Texas Rangers, their spring training neighbors, in their exhibition opener on Friday, Feb. 22.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370