Statement from Missouri Gas Energy on Kansas City Plaza explosion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — MGE released the following statement at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday afternoon about the gas explosion that killed one woman and injured 15 others Tuesday evening.
“We remain focused on supporting the ongoing investigation into the cause of last night’s incident and on ensuring the continued security of the site.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted and their loved ones, and we want to thank the emergency responders for their efforts last night and their continued work today to help so many. Kansas City’s fire and police departments are among the very finest in the country, as was evidenced by their ability to quickly contain the fire and secure the area.
We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.”
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering