Statement from Missouri Gas Energy on Kansas City Plaza explosion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — MGE released the following statement at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday afternoon about the gas explosion that killed one woman and injured 15 others Tuesday evening.
“We remain focused on supporting the ongoing investigation into the cause of last night’s incident and on ensuring the continued security of the site.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted and their loved ones, and we want to thank the emergency responders for their efforts last night and their continued work today to help so many. Kansas City’s fire and police departments are among the very finest in the country, as was evidenced by their ability to quickly contain the fire and secure the area.
We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.”
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop