Statement from Missouri Gas Energy on Kansas City Plaza explosion
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — MGE released the following statement at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday afternoon about the gas explosion that killed one woman and injured 15 others Tuesday evening.
“We remain focused on supporting the ongoing investigation into the cause of last night’s incident and on ensuring the continued security of the site.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted and their loved ones, and we want to thank the emergency responders for their efforts last night and their continued work today to help so many. Kansas City’s fire and police departments are among the very finest in the country, as was evidenced by their ability to quickly contain the fire and secure the area.
We will continue to provide updates as information becomes available.”
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom