Kansas City International Airport closed due to severe winter weather
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City International Airport issued a statement shortly before 10 a.m. Thursday saying there were closed due to severe winter weather.
In a tweet sent out Friday morning, KCI said, “As of 1 a.m. KCI Airport is open for business! Thanks for your patience!”
Another tweet earlier said: KCI should be open in time for Friday cargo & airline flights! Great job @KCMO Aviation Department crews!
Before closing, many flights had been canceled Thursday because of the snow.
More from FOX 4′s Weather Team:
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people