Train hits car stuck in snow in Platte County
PLATTE COUNTY, Mo. — A train hit a car Thursday morning in Platte County injuring to people inside the car.
According to the sheriff’s office, it appears the car went around railroad barricades and got stuck in the snow.
“The roadways in the area were extremely treacherous and Platte County Public Works responded to the scene and cleared a path for the ambulances to get into the scene and then back out to I-435,” the sheriff’s office said.
Two people were taken to the hospital with head injuries. Their condition is not known.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370