Trauma centers work to save explosion victims
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — One of Kansas City’s great resources was in action last night — its trauma centers. The city has an abundance of trauma centers including level one trauma centers for adults at the University of Kansas Hospital, Saint Luke’s Hospital and Truman Medical Center. They have expertise to treat the worst injuries.
In comparison, Tucson, where a mass shooting happened two years ago, has only one level one center.
FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean has more on the centers’ life-saving work after the explosion.
- Questions remain in deadly house fire that killed two young boys
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Texas teen Ethan Couch gets 10 years probation for driving drunk, killing 4
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435