Pinterest social site is hacked
(CNN) — Pinterest said Friday in an e-mail to its users that the pinboard-style photosharing social network site was breached via its vendor Zendesk.
“We recently learned that the vendor we use to answer support requests and other emails (Zendesk) experienced a security breach,” said the content-sharing service. Users “pin” images and videos to their pinboards.
“We’re sending you this e-mail because we received or answered a message from you using Zendesk. Unfortunately your name, email address and subject line of your message were improperly accessed during their security breach.”
It urged users to take measures to keep their accounts secure by not sharing their passwords and using strong passwords.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter