Roof partially collapses at KCK apartment complex
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Emergency crews responded to an apartment complex with a partially collapsed roof Friday afternoon, presumably from snow.
It happened around 2:30 p.m. at apartments located at 2903 W. 42nd Ave., in Kansas City, Kan.
>> GET BREAKING UPDATES on Twitter
Initial reports indicate everyone was able to get out OK.
It appears to be the second instance of the roof collapsing in just 24 hours. Residents told FOX 4 two apartments had their roof cave in during Thursday’s snow and were relocated.
Residents said the building called an engineer to check out Thursday’s damage, but it’s unknown if an inspector ever came to investigate.
All utilities have been shutoff to the building.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor