Roof partially collapses at KCK apartment complex
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Emergency crews responded to an apartment complex with a partially collapsed roof Friday afternoon, presumably from snow.
It happened around 2:30 p.m. at apartments located at 2903 W. 42nd Ave., in Kansas City, Kan.
>> GET BREAKING UPDATES on Twitter
Initial reports indicate everyone was able to get out OK.
It appears to be the second instance of the roof collapsing in just 24 hours. Residents told FOX 4 two apartments had their roof cave in during Thursday’s snow and were relocated.
Residents said the building called an engineer to check out Thursday’s damage, but it’s unknown if an inspector ever came to investigate.
All utilities have been shutoff to the building.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom