“Idiot Open” celebrates 10 years raising funds for KC Hospice
LENEXA, Ks. — Snowy fairways and frozen greens are not the most ideal golfing conditions. But for a few self-titled idiots, Saturday was the perfect setting for a charity golf tournament which benefits Kansas City Hospice and Paliative Care.
It’s known as “The Idiot Open” and the crazy tournament is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The tournament has raised thousands of dollars to help close the financial gap so Kansas City Hospice can continue to provide help to people whether they can afford it or not.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet