KC cash mob’s goal: Help local businesses
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — A group of Facebook fans are mobbing local businesses to give them a financial boost.
Alissa Vann’s Sweet Art Candy, a store on main street in Grandview was mobbed Saturday, but she’s was all smiles.
The purpose of the mob is to get a group of people together to show up at a small business to spend some money.
The Kansas City Metro Area Cash Mob began on the social website Facebook a year ago.
Organizers say people suggest a locally owned small business to support and Facebook fans then vote for a winner.
Vann’s candy shop is the 30th business mobbed and she says it was a sweet deal.
Kansas City Metro Area Cash Mob Facebook page
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss