Flights being canceled at KCI ahead of storm
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City International Airport announced Monday flights were already being canceled Monday afternoon for travel later in the day and on Tuesday morning.
If a flight remains on schedule, travelers are urged to allow extra time on the roads to reach the airport safely. Updates on air travel will be made on www.flykci.com, the airport said.
There are times when the airports are open, but airlines choose not to use the airfields, usually as a matter of company policy or a judgment call on the part of the pilots. It is extremely rare that either of the airports is shut down due to an inability to clear operational areas. However, if safety were to be compromised, the Aviation Department would close the airport until conditions allowed for improved operation.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'