City of Grandview issues state of emergency
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Because of the heavy snow expected tonight and tomorrow throughout the day, the City of Grandview has declared a snow emergency today at 9 p.m., Monday, Feb. 25. In accordance with the Grandview City Code, Section 14.6.1, the City may call a traffic snow emergency based on falling snow, sleet or freezing rain, or on the basis of a weather bureau forecast for severe weather and hazardous or dangerous driving conditions.
With the declaration of a snow emergency, police are authorized to remove or have removed any vehicle from the streets or rights-of-way when the vehicle:
(1) Is determined to be parked on an emergency snow route during a declared traffic snow emergency.
(2) Is stalled on an emergency snow route, and the driver does not appear to be effectively removing it.
(3) Is parked in violation of any parking ordinance or any other provision of law and is interfering with snow removal operations on said street.
Visit our website, www.grandview.org, for a listing of Snow Emergency Routes in Grandview.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering