City of Grandview issues state of emergency
GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Because of the heavy snow expected tonight and tomorrow throughout the day, the City of Grandview has declared a snow emergency today at 9 p.m., Monday, Feb. 25. In accordance with the Grandview City Code, Section 14.6.1, the City may call a traffic snow emergency based on falling snow, sleet or freezing rain, or on the basis of a weather bureau forecast for severe weather and hazardous or dangerous driving conditions.
With the declaration of a snow emergency, police are authorized to remove or have removed any vehicle from the streets or rights-of-way when the vehicle:
(1) Is determined to be parked on an emergency snow route during a declared traffic snow emergency.
(2) Is stalled on an emergency snow route, and the driver does not appear to be effectively removing it.
(3) Is parked in violation of any parking ordinance or any other provision of law and is interfering with snow removal operations on said street.
Visit our website, www.grandview.org, for a listing of Snow Emergency Routes in Grandview.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter