Full bus service set to resume Wednesday
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (ATA) plans to provide full weekday service on normal schedules on Wednesday, they said.
ATA will announce reroutes or system-wide delays if they become necessary on Wednesday.
ATA is operating reduced service through the rest of the evening on Tuesday. Service was increased in the afternoon rush hour, help more people make their return trip home Tuesday afternoon.
Customers are encouraged to check current information before traveling.
Customers can stay informed on the status of Metro buses:
- Metro’s website, http://www.kcata.org
- Twitter http://www.twitter.com/kcatametro
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kcatametro
Customers can also track their buses using our live bus-tracking tool, WebWatch, at http://www.kcata.org/maps_schedules/webwatch/. A mobile-friendly bus tracker is available at http://itsab.us/tracker.
Metro bus customers can contact the Regional Call Center at (816) 221-0660 until 7 p.m. tonight. The Call Center will open early Wednesday at 5 a.m.
Metro routes serving Kansas City, Kan., have been suspended for the day, effective at 1 p.m. In addition, Johnson County Transit and Unified Government Transit suspended all service today. Inde-Bus in Independence offered limited service beginning at 1 p.m.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet