Multiple roof collapses reported in Missouri, Kansas
WARRENSBURG, Mo. — Heavy snow has caused multiple roof collapses in both Kansas and Missouri.
On Tuesday, a portion of the roof caved in at a furniture store in Warrensburg, Mo. Debbie Arwood of Arwoods Furniture said she is grateful no one was injured. The store will be closed temporarily but employees will continue to monitor phones and answer customer questions.
“We want to make this as painless as possible for our customers and the employees who work here,” she said.
Arwoods isn’t the only business to experience a roof collapse in Missouri. The Eagles Club Bar in Belton, Mo., is also dealing with a partial roof collapse.
In Columbia, Mo., a Break Time gas station also reported a roof collapse on the structure covering gas pump. See a picture of the collapse via KMIZ’s Twitter account.
In Shawnee, Kan., the fire department said a roof partially collapsed on an outdoor building that used to shelter horses. No animals or people were injured in the collapse.
Downed power lines and trees are also being reported throughout Kansas and Missouri, causing power outages. Ty Simmons, tree safety expert, said if residents suspect a downed power line not go outside to investigate. He urged people leave downed power lines to the professionals.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering