VIDEO: Downed tree causes transformer to spark
RAYTOWN, Mo. — A viewer in Raytown, Mo., shot video of a tree, weighed down by snow, falling on a power line, causing sparks.
Downed power lines and trees are being reported throughout Kansas and Missouri, causing power outages. Ty Simmons, tree safety expert, said if residents suspect a downed power line not go outside to investigate. He urged people leave downed power lines to the professionals.
If you are experiencing a power outage or have a downed line please report it at 1-888-544-4852 (LIGHTKC) or online at kcpl.com/reportoutage.html.
Heavy snowfall also caused multiple roof collapses throughout Missouri.
In Kansas City, the State of Emergency remains in effect until 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.
More from FOX 4′s Weather Team:
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor