VIDEO: Downed tree causes transformer to spark
RAYTOWN, Mo. — A viewer in Raytown, Mo., shot video of a tree, weighed down by snow, falling on a power line, causing sparks.
Downed power lines and trees are being reported throughout Kansas and Missouri, causing power outages. Ty Simmons, tree safety expert, said if residents suspect a downed power line not go outside to investigate. He urged people leave downed power lines to the professionals.
If you are experiencing a power outage or have a downed line please report it at 1-888-544-4852 (LIGHTKC) or online at kcpl.com/reportoutage.html.
Heavy snowfall also caused multiple roof collapses throughout Missouri.
In Kansas City, the State of Emergency remains in effect until 11:59 p.m. Wednesday.
More from FOX 4′s Weather Team:
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet