Clearing snow to help JJ’s families and victims
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — An Overland Park man is using all this snow to his advantage and to help others.
Kyle Morrissey bought the last snow blower at an Overland Park hardware store on Monday. Then he went door to door clearing driveways and sidewalks for neighbors.
Many wanted to pay him for his services, and that’s when he says the idea came to him to ‘pay it forward.’
He said he asked his boss if he could take two days off. He had shirts made that say “The Purple Guys, helping JJ’s by digging out, one driveway at a time.”
“I helped a neighbor and they said, ‘Hey! Can we pay you for this or can we do something/ I said, No, that’s alright and after about the 4th house I said you know what? Let’s make donations and lets give it to JJ’s,” Morrissey said.
He said he’s raised $500 so far and he says he’ll donate everything to the staff, victims and families hurt in the JJ’s Restaurant explosion.
For more information on how to contact him, email him here: purpleITforward@purpleguys.com
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident